The following information is provided to APS Committees to help you get oriented with APS ways of working and the tools provided to support your committee. If you have any questions, please contact Linda Schmitt at
APS or one of the
SAVE THE DATE
The Committee Chair Orientation Webinar is Tuesday, June 29, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. CDT. A Zoom invite was sent to committee chair/vice chairs for all administrative, boards, offices, subject matter, and general policy committees of APS. Contact Linda Schmitt at APS if you need the invite resent to you. A recording of the webinar will be posted to this web page.
Leadership Institute Cohort Series
At Council’s request, the APS Leadership Institute
reimagined their approach to leadership development by targeting committee chairs and vice chairs to:
- Facilitate smoother transitions in committee leadership
- Enable lagging committees to reengage
- Provide a platform through which committee chairs/vice chairs can interact more directly
All Committees and Offices have been divided into cohorts. Invitations to these series will be sent from APS headquarters and on demand presentations will be posted to this webpage. The virtual series will focus on the following topic areas:
- Topic Area 1: Roles & Responsibilities: Connecting to the APS Strategic Plan, Delegation as Chair - leading, managing, identifying/mentoring next leaders (July 15, 20, 21, 2021)
- Topic Area 2: Leading, Managing, Partnering, Engaging (October 13-15, 2021)
- Topic Area 3: Tools and techniques to lead committees - what have we learned so far (January 10-12, 2022)
- Topic Area 4: Building an authentically diverse and inclusive culture (April 2022)
Each year, the Councilors-at-Large challenge APS committees with a fun competition.
APS regularly honors individuals who have made significant contributions to the science of plant pathology. These awards are given annually and presented at the APS Annual Meeting. APS Members are encouraged to familiarize yourself with the various APS Awards and nominate someone whom you feel deserves special recognition.