The following information is provided to APS Committees to help you get oriented with APS ways of working and the tools provided to support your committee. If you have any questions, please contact
Linda Schmitt at
APS or one of the
Leadership Institute Cohort Series
At Council’s request, the APS Leadership Institute
reimagined their approach to leadership development by targeting committee chairs and vice chairs to:
- Facilitate smoother transitions in committee leadership
- Increase engagement of all committees
- Provide a platform through which committee chairs/vice chairs can interact more directly
All Committees and Offices have been divided into cohorts. Invitations to these series will be sent from APS headquarters and on demand presentations will be posted to this webpage. Contact Linda Schmitt at APS with any questions.
The Virtual Series will Focus on the Following Topic Areas:
- Topic Area 1: Roles & Responsibilities: Connecting to the APS Strategic Plan, Delegation as Chair - leading, managing, identifying/mentoring next leaders (July 15, 20, 22, 2021)
- Topic Area 2: Leading, Managing, Partnering, Engaging (October 13-15, 2021)
- Topic Area 3: Tools and techniques to lead committees - what have we learned so far (January 10-12, 2022)
- Topic Area 4: Building an authentically diverse and inclusive culture (April 5-7, 2022)
Committee Chair/Vice Chair Orientation & Online Community Demo
Each year, the Councilors-at-Large challenge APS committees with a fun competition. Submit your idea by October 13, 2021.
APS Council is looking for your innovative ideas! If you have a new concept for a product or service you think APS should consider developing we'd love to hear from you!
Share Your Idea
APS regularly honors individuals who have made significant contributions to the science of plant pathology. These awards are given annually and presented at the APS Annual Meeting. APS Members are encouraged to familiarize yourself with the various APS Awards and nominate someone whom you feel deserves special recognition.