Officer Nominations for 2022 Election
Nominations for the 2022 election are open through December 1, 2021.
Candidate Qualification Targets
This is your opportunity as a member of APS to nominate colleagues or indicate your own interest in service to APS for vice president or councilor-at-large on the APS Council. The APS Nominations Committee has identified a number of desired attributes that will be part of the selection process for new Council members.
For the positions of
Vice President and
Councilor-at-Large, we are seeking individuals who are:
- respected in the field of plant pathology.
- possess leadership experiences in APS and a record of follow-through and results in various APS activities.
- Vision and Leadership: the ability to see the big picture and the courage to set direction to achieve the APS vision and mission and strategic goals.
- the ability to inspire and empower.
- cultivate partnerships and teamwork.
- are strategic thinkers and have the ability to "rally the troops" and help advocate and grow APS as an organization.
- Demonstrated leadership commitment and involvement with APS. Examples include but are not limited to service on APS committees, boards, offices, or task forces.
- Recognized leader in the APS community.
- Commitment to participate in monthly meetings.
- Positive leadership attributes, emotional intelligence, ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion when needed, and visionary and strategic drive.
- The ability to work well with others as a member of a collaborative group with group decision-making authority and an understanding of the fiduciary duties of loyalty, care, and obedience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the differences between “oversight” and “supervision”.
- Demonstrated ability of new and innovative programs within their sphere of influence. Examples include but are not limited to incorporating strategy, leadership, future focus, risk taking, and an entrepreneur spirit.
Please consider these attributes in making nominations. International members, industry members, or members in any other demographic segment of APS will be considered along with other nominations.
Nomination Deadline is December 1, 2021
Application Process for 2022 Election
Nominees who meet the basic nomination criteria will be approached by the Nominations Committee and will be invited to submit an online application. Prior to writing their statements, nominees should review the APS Vision and Strategic Goals as well as officer job descriptions for vice president and councilor-at-large.
Application submission period is currently closed.
Questions? Contact APS Nominations Committee members