Plant Health 2021 Online
Seismic Shifts in Disease Risk
The timely theme for Plant Health 2021Online is "Seismic Shifts in Disease Risk." As we've seen from the past year, shifts in hosts, pathogens, and environmental conditions can transform a previously minor disease to a raging epidemic. In human pathology, the coronavirus pandemic shows what chaos can happen when the host-pathogen-environment axis tilts in favor of the pathogen. In plant pathology, disease risk can change incrementally or explosively. This theme explores major shifts in several bacterial, viral, nematode and fungal pathosystems from multiple perspectives, seeking common threads to help pathologists anticipate and deflect future shifts in disease risk.
Attendees of this year's American Phytopathological Society (APS) annual meeting will be able to:
- Connect to plant pathology thought-leaders and global colleagues to learn the
latest advancements in our field
- View technical abstract presentations covering all aspects of plant pathology
methods and practices
- Participate in in-depth panel discussions and special sessions with peers and experts
- Meet vendors that support your educational or organizational initiatives
- Develop your career through networking opportunities
- Gain access to six, free Plant Health Workshops in the months following the meeting.
We look forward to having you join us online in August as we explore this important global theme across our wider community. Learn more about our program and register today!