American Phytopathological Society (APS) respects member privacy and does not share, trade, or sell contact information for use by other parties. APS will not disclose to or share personal information in our database with any unaffiliated third party except in the following ways.
- Where necessary with services provided by third parties who provide APS with office, administrative, information technology, production, payment, or business management services, and who are required to comply with this policy. For example, when someone submits their abstract for the annual meeting or an article to a journal through vendor-owned platforms.
- Where the third party is a person leading a committee, course, or other APS initiative that involves you as a volunteer or registrant.
- Where APS is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and government agencies.
- Where all or substantially all the business or assets of APS relating to our services are sold, assigned, or transferred to another entity.
- Where we provide publishing services in conjunction with third parties, such as partner publishers, APS may disclose navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics and demographics information that does not reveal your identity or personal information.
Plant Health 2019 Terms and Conditions
Cancellation/Refund PolicyRegistration cancellations must be made in writing and received by APS no later than June 27, 2019. Cancellations received by this date are subject to a $75 processing fee. Meeting registration and ticketed event cancellations received after June 27, 2019, are not subject to a refund. APS reserves the right to cancel any ticketed event should registrations not meet the minimum number of participants required. In the event of an APS-cancelled event, APS will refund registration fees for the cancelled event. APS is not liable for nonrefundable airfares or ticket change penalties imposed by the airlines. By registering for this meeting, you agree to the cancellation and refund terms and conditions.
Booking a room at a contracted hotel under the official APS room block benefits you and it supports APS. When you "book within the block," you help our organization secure future meeting sites, you enable us to provide some important features that participants have come to enjoy, and you help keep the meeting registration fees lower. Please book responsibly.
APS is aware of companies pretending to be the “official” APS housing company, offering special non-refundable rates at Plant Health 2019 hotels, and requesting credit card information. There is NO company that is authorized to solicit directly by telephone for hotel bookings or special discounts. We encourage attendees to book directly with our contracted hotel via the reservation link on the hotel travel page
A full list of registrants for Plant Health 2019 will be viewable in the mobile app. Attendees can direct message each other through the mobile app to connect, set appointments, and network. The full attendee list will be available in the mobile app for approximately 6-8 weeks post-meeting.
Meeting registrants understand that pictures and/or video may be recorded during the meeting. By registering for the meeting, attendees agree to allow APS to use their image in any publications, promotions or on the APS website.
Expected Behavior Policy
We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free meeting experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. We ask all attendees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, guests and other participants be considerate and respectful to all members and refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech. Please note, if you register a guest for the meeting, you may be held responsible for the actions of the guest. Violations of this policy should be reported to meeting staff.
APS reserves the right to remove any individual from attendance or other participation in any APS sponsored event without prior warning or refund, and to take additional action as determined necessary, up to and including expulsion from participation in APS.