Call for Outstanding Volunteer Award Nominations
Nominate APS volunteers who go beyond the standard effort.
Do you know of a committee chair that made things happen and the committee accomplished its goals? How about someone who started a group that didn’t previously exist but was needed by the APS membership?
The Outstanding Volunteer Award recognizes APS members for excellent service in furthering the mission of APS through their volunteer efforts. These volunteers are the lifeblood of our society; they keep members informed and manage the details so the rest of us don't even have to think about it.
It's time for you to tell us who these individuals are so APS can show them our appreciation. Don't let them go unnoticed!
How to Nominate
Nominee must be an APS member. Current council members of APS are not eligible for this award, and senior editors are not eligible in their area of responsibility.
- Send your one-page nomination letter (saved as a .pdf document) to the Senior Councilor-at Large on or before June 30 each year.
- Nominating letter to include a description of your nominee’s recent volunteer activities (within the last five years) and how the nominee excelled in the quality, timeliness, and/or scope of these activities.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the Councilors-at Large.
- Nominations are held over for three years.
- More than one award may be given annually.
- Recipient(s) will be recognized at the APS Annual Meeting.
Outstanding Volunteer Awardees
2020: David Gadoury
2019: J.P. Dundore-Arias
2018: Christopher M. Wallis
2017: Darin Eastburn and Renee Rioux
2016: Monica Elliott and Thomas Mitchell
2015: Maya C. Hayslett and Anissa M. Poleatewich
2013: Scott Adkins
2012: Gary Peterson
2010: Michelle Moyer and Dija Selimi
2007: Dick Stuckey
2006: Scott Gold and Gretchen Kuldau
2005: Joyce Loper and Don White