The following awards provide support as well as recognize scientists who have played a significant role in world-wide plant pathology efforts
- OIP Global Experience Award: OIP launched this unique program aimed at helping APS plant pathologists working with scientists and extension personnel in developing countries in training and outreach efforts, from funds raised during the annual OIP Silent Auction.
The APS Foundation, in cooperation with OIP, accepts applications annually for these dditional internationally focused awards:
- APS International Travel Award: is intended to support travel costs for early- to mid-career international APS scientists native to and working in developing countries who otherwise would not be able to attend APS meetings.
- Books for the World: this program helps scientists, educators, extension personnel and other agriculturalists in developing countries acquire educational materials from APS PRESS, and promotes the international distribution of books, CDs, and other APS resources.
- French-Monar Latin American Award: provides financial support for Latin American graduate students and early career plant pathologists in a variety of ways.
- JANE Award: The John and Ann Niederhauser Endowment (JANE) Award, accepts applications that involve international cooperation between a person or institution in the United States and a person or institution outside the United States. Project proposals should have clear positive impacts for the developing country and practical applications.
Other International Opportunities