Nominate APS volunteers who go beyond the standard effort
Do you know of a committee chair that made things happen and the committee accomplished its goals? How about someone who started a group that didn’t previously exist but was needed by the APS membership?
The Outstanding Volunteer Award recognizes APS members for excellent service in furthering the mission of APS through their volunteer efforts. These volunteers are the lifeblood of our society; they keep members informed and manage the details so the rest of us don't even have to think about it.
It's time for you to tell us who these individuals are so APS can show them our appreciation. Don't let them go unnoticed!
How to Nominate
Nominee must be an APS member. Current council members of APS are not eligible for this award, and senior editors are not eligible in their area of responsibility.
- Send your one-page nomination letter (saved as a .pdf document) to the Senior Councilor-at Large on or before June 30 each year.
- Nominating letter to include a description of nominees most recent volunteer activities (within the last five years) and how the nominee excelled in the quality, timeliness, and/or scope of these activities.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the Councilors-at Large.
- Nominations are held over for three years.
- More than one award may be given annually.
- Recipient(s) will be recognized at the APS Annual Meeting.
Outstanding Volunteer Awardees
- 2021: Olufemi Alabi
- 2021: Nicole Gauthier
- 2020: David Gadoury
- 2019: J.P. Dundore-Arias
- 2018: Christopher M. Wallis
- 2017: Darin Eastburn and Renee Rioux
- 2016: Monica Elliott and Thomas Mitchell
- 2015: Maya C. Hayslett and Anissa M. Poleatewich
- 2013: Scott Adkins
- 2012: Gary Peterson
- 2010: Michelle Moyer and Dija Selimi
- 2007: Dick Stuckey
- 2006: Scott Gold and Gretchen Kuldau
- 2005: Joyce Loper and Don White