Thank you for your interest in submitting a oral or poster abstract to Plant Health 2024. Presenting your technical abstract at the annual meeting benefits your professional development, research, and area of study plus allows you to share your research with your peers in the plant health science community.
Why Submit an AbstractTips for Writing a Better Abstract
Technical Abstract Submission Deadline (Oral or Poster): March 15
Late Breaking Abstract Submissions (Poster Only): April 25 - May 30
Already started a submission? Click here to complete your submission or use the link from the submission initiation email.
All submissions must report results of original research or other activity of significant merit that relates to phytopathology and related industries. No abstract that has been presented or is intended to be presented at another meeting shall be submitted for consideration.
Submission must include the following:
Significance of the research to the science of phytopathology.
Abstract text is limited to 1,600 characters includeing spaces. Edit and proof your abstract before submitting. Abstracts should also be proofed to make sure all authors and affiliations were accepted to the online form.
Publication of tables, charts, and graphs projected onto screens or posted at the annual meeting by anyone other than an author or presenter is prohibited unless a release has been requested and received in writing from an author or presenter.
Abstracts must conform to the AI Tool Use Statement established by the APS Editorial Board.
All communications will be sent to the submitter until the acceptance notifications are sent. Once accepted all communications will be with the presenting author only.
Evaluation and Acceptance Notification
- Members of the AMB will evaluate all proposed abstracts based on the above submission requirements and inclusion of the required elements. Accepted submissions will then be designated as an oral or poster presentation and placed in the Technical Session or Poster Sessions based on the submission keywords.
- Final program selections and notifications will be made by late Apriland acceptance notifications will be delivered via email to all submitters. There are a limited number of slots available for oral presentation; if your submission is not accepted for a technical talk, it will be moved to a poster presentation.
Designated presenting author (of either an oral technical or poster)
must be registered for Plant Health 2024 by May 31, 2024. Failure to register will result in your abstract being withdrawn from the meeting.
Accepted abstracts presented at Plant Health 2024 will be published in a supplement of Phytopathology, within 6 months post-meeting.
Attendees from Outside the United States
If you require a visa to attend Plant Health 2024
do not wait until you receive notification that your abstract submission has been accepted before applying for a visa. If your abstract presents new information and follows the requirements and acceptance criteria, it will most likely be accepted or accepted with revisions in poster or oral format (as determined by the Annual Meeting Board).
Customized visa invitation letters can only be issued to confirmed registrants including those who have paid the meeting registration fees), have submitted an abstract, or are otherwise presenting. When you register for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to auto-generate a customized visa invitation letter. If you are unable to register early enough to begin the visa process and have submitted an abstract, please complete the invitation letter request form. Invitation letters generated using the request form are indentical to the letters created when registering, however they are manually created and may take up to 5 business days to be processed.
All applicants must be able to qualify for a visa on their own merits. APS cannot intervene with embassies in other countries on behalf of any meeting participants. If you require an invitation letter prior to registering or if you have additional questions, please contact the APS Registration Desk.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an abstract I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the APS abstract submission guidelines. This includes agreeing that the designated presenting author will present the abstract in the format determined by the AMB at Plant Health 2024, July 27-30, and will register and pay the registration fee by May 31, 2024. I understand that failure to complete the above terms will result in the withdrawal of the abstract from the meeting program.
Non-US Government Submitters:
I confirm that this is an original work and that the abstract has not been previously published. I and any contributing authors, as sole proprietors of the abstract, agree to transfer copyright of the abstract to the American Phytopathological Society. Abstracts will be posted online. By agreeing, I accept this copyright transfer.
US Government Submitters:
I hereby confirm that the abstract submitted, having been created by an employee or agency of the U.S. government or for some other reason, is not eligible for copyright transfer to APS, is in the public domain, and as such may be reproduced freely. I acknowledge that APS is relying on this statement in determining that the work is copyright free.
Canadian Government Submitters:
If your work is protected by “© Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada,” please add that copyright statement at the end of your abstract.
I understand that failure to accept the applicable copyright transfer or public domain notice will result in the immediate cancellation of my abstract submission.
1. Abstract Title
- 150 characters maximum including spaces
- Capitalize only the first letter of the first word and any proper nouns
- Registered names and trademarks are not permitted in title
- Symbols (Greek, math, etc.) must be spelled out, e.g., Beta
2. Submitter Email
- The abstract confirmation will be sent to this email address
3. Categories and Key Words
Select the topic category and keywords that best describe your abstract
4. Add Authors
- Click on Add new person and type the name of the abstract author (presenting author and/or co-author) in the Search field. If the author is in the database, select their name. If multiple names display, select the record that displays the most recent known email address.
- After selecting the author, click “Edit Selected Person” to confirm contact details.
- If the author is not found in the database, select “Can’t find the person you’re looking for?” and then click on “Add New Person.” Continue to complete all required (*) fields, and Save.
- The first person added will be designated as the Presenting Author, but this role can be changed after multiple authors have been entered.
The presenting author email is used for all future communications and should be the same email used for registration.
5. Abstract Text
- The abstract must be in one paragraph.
- DO NOT INCLUDE the title, author name(s), or author affiliations in the abstract text field.
- Use the abstract toolbar to add formatting (italics, superscripts, or subscripts)
- Character limit is 1,600 characters including spaces
6. Abstract Payment
The abstract submission fee is $55 USD. It is non-refundable and payable by credit card.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Conclude Submission" to ensure your abstract is submitted
Email APS Headquarters at