Original Abstract Submission Deadline: March 23, 2020 (23:59 Central Daylight Time)
(previous date was March 15, 2020)
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an abstract to APS for Plant Health 2020, submitters agree to the following terms & conditions:
If the abstract is accepted, I agree that the designated presenting author will present the abstract at Plant Health 2020, August 8-12, 2020 in Denver, Colorado, U.S.A., and will register and pay the registration fee by May 15, 2020. I understand that failure to complete the above terms will result in the withdrawal of my abstract from the meeting program.
Non-US Government Submitters:
I confirm that this is an original work and that the abstract has not been previously published. I and any contributing authors, as sole proprietors of the abstract, agree to transfer copyright of the abstract to the American Phytopathological Society. Abstracts will be posted online in May 2020. By agreeing, I accept this copyright transfer.
US Government Submitters:
I hereby confirm that the abstract submitted, having been created by an employee or agency of the U.S. government or for some other reason, is not eligible for copyright transfer to APS, is in the public domain, and as such may be reproduced freely. I acknowledge that APS is relying on this statement in determining that the work is copyright free.
Canadian Government Submitters:
If your work is protected by “© Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada,” please add that copyright statement at the end of your abstract.
I understand that failure to accept the applicable copyright transfer or public domain notice will result in the immediate cancellation of my abstract submission.
Submission Form Instructions
1. Abstract Title
- 150 characters maximum including spaces
- Capitalize only the first letter of the first word and any proper nouns
- Registered names and trademarks are not permitted in title
- Symbols (Greek, math, etc.) must be spelled out, e.g., Beta
2. Submitter Email
- The abstract confirmation will be sent to this email address
3. Submission Type
Acceptance as an oral presentation is not guaranteed. All abstracts will be reviewed by the Annual Meeting Board.
- Oral - An individual may be the presenter of only one oral presentation.
- There is a limit of one (1) oral presentation presenter.
- PRIOR TO SUBMISSION, oral abstracts MUST be reviewed by two non-authors.
- Oral presentations are allocated 15 minutes (10 minutes for presentation + 5 minutes for discussion).
- Acceptance as an oral, and applicable presentation date and time, will be announced later.
- Poster - Open to all for submission.
- There is no limit on the number of poster presentations that may be submitted.
- Poster presenters are required to be present at their poster during certain time frames throughout the meeting for publication (designated times to be announced).
If selected for oral presentation, you will not bring a poster to the meeting.
4. Categories and Key Words
- Select the topic category and keywords that best describe your abstract.
5. APS Foundation Travel Award Consideration
- Only select “Yes” if you wish to complete the Travel Award application process
6. Add Authors
- Click on Add new person and type the name of the abstract author (presenting author and/or co-author) in the Search field. If the author is in the database, select their name. If multiple names display, select the record that displays the most recent known email address.
- After selecting the author, click “Edit Selected Person” to confirm contact details.
- If the author is not found in the database, select “Can’t find the person you’re looking for?” and then click on “Add New Person.” Continue to complete all required (*) fields, and Save.
- The first person added will be designated as the Presenting Author, but this role can be changed after multiple authors have been entered.
The presenting author email is used for all future communications and should be the same email used for registration.
If the presenting author is changed after the program book has been finalized, the new author’s name will not be reflected in the book. The change will be reflected in the app.
7. Abstract Text
- The abstract must be in one paragraph.
- DO NOT INCLUDE the title, author name(s), or author affiliations in the abstract text field.
- Use the abstract toolbar to add formatting (italics, superscripts, or subscripts)
- Character limit is 1,600 characters including spaces.
8. Abstract Payment
- The abstract submission fee is $55 USD. It is non-refundable and payable by credit card.
- Scroll to bottom of page and click “Conclude Submission” to ensure your abstract is submitted.