The Pacific Division is the regional representation of the American Phytopathological Society.
Eligible members are those members of the APS who live in the geographical region of the Pacific Division which includes: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and contiguous provinces in Canada (British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan).
1. Annual meeting. The Pacific Division holds a regional meeting every year. This provides both an intimate venue in which graduate students can present oral papers, and also provides all members the opportunity to meet, exchange ideas and share information with colleagues in our area.
2. Graduate Student Travel Awards. The Pacific Division offers monetary assistance to graduate students who are members of the Division and want to attend its annual meeting. Up to eight awards of $500 each are given every year.
3. Graduate Student Oral Presentation Competition. The Pacific Division sponsors this competition for students who are members of the Division, and are presenting oral papers at the Pacific Division meeting. Awards are $500 for first place, $300 for second place, and $200 for third place. Presentations are judged on both content and presentation of the topic. Winners are also presented with a plague in recognition of their excellent presentations.
4. Early Career Award. The Pacific Division recognizes upcoming young scientists with this award. The award recognizes distinguished contributions made by members of the Division to plant pathology and service to the Division. Any member of the Division with less than 10 years of postgraduate experience or service is eligible for nomination.
5. Lifetime Achievement Award. The Pacific Division is also proud to honor senior members of the Division via this distinguished award. This recognition is given to members of the Division who have made outstanding contributions throughout her or his career to plant pathology, the Pacific Division, and its parent society.
6. Distinguished Service Award. The Pacific Division recognizes members who have shown exemplary commitment, leadership and service to plant pathology and the Pacific Division. The contributions may be in research, teaching, extension, or any other aspect of plant pathology in either an academic or nonacademic environment.
7. Newsletter. Stay informed of local meetings, news of members in your area, and other events through the Pacific Division Newsletter.
8. Officers. Become involved! Let one of the current officers kow of your interest in supporting the Pacific Division as a committee member or officer.
If you are not currently a member of the division and would like to join, contact us here. Membership dues for the Pacific Division are $5.00 per year for regular members and only $1.00 per year for students and post doctorals.
Please join now and support your society at the local level.