Important Considerations Before You Submit an Abstract
- Edit and proof your abstract before submitting. APS will not edit abstract submissions; they will be published as submitted.
- There are no limits on the number of oral presentations submitted, however no individual may be the presenter of more than one oral presentation. Prior to submission, oral abstracts must be reviewed by two non-authors.
- Specifying a preference for an oral or Research on Demand presentation does not guarantee placement in that area. Final presentation type will be determined by the Annual Meeting Board based on subject matter that best fits the meeting program.
- Designated presenting author (of either an oral technical or poster)
must be registered for Plant Health 2021 by June 29 (registration will open on May 6). Failure to register will result in your abstract being withdrawn from the meeting.
- Abstracts should be proofed to make sure all authors and affiliations were accepted to the online form.
- Publication of tables, charts, and graphs projected onto screens or posted at the annual meeting by anyone other than an author or presenter is prohibited unless a release has been requested and received in writing from an author or presenter.
- Abstracts must report results of original research or other activity of significant merit that relates to phytopathology and the related industry.
- Abstracts must include the following elements: justification, objectives, methods, results, and significance of the research to the science of phytopathology.
- Abstracts must not be simply a review or progress report but contain useful and new information. Abstracts must not include references or footnotes.
- Abstracts must be in final form with no grammatical, typographical, or factual errors.
- No abstract that has been presented or is intended to be presented at another meeting shall be submitted for consideration.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an abstract to APS for Plant Health 2021, submitters agree to the following terms & conditions:
If the abstract is accepted, I agree that the designated presenting author will present the abstract at Plant Health 2021, August 2-6, 2021, and will register and pay the registration fee by June 29, 2021. I understand that failure to complete the above terms will result in the withdrawal of my abstract from the meeting program.
Non-US Government Submitters:
I confirm that this is an original work and that the abstract has not been previously published. I and any contributing authors, as sole proprietors of the abstract, agree to transfer copyright of the abstract to the American Phytopathological Society. Abstracts will be posted online in June 2021. By agreeing, I accept this copyright transfer.
US Government Submitters:
I hereby confirm that the abstract submitted, having been created by an employee or agency of the U.S. government or for some other reason, is not eligible for copyright transfer to APS, is in the public domain, and as such may be reproduced freely. I acknowledge that APS is relying on this statement in determining that the work is copyright free.
Canadian Government Submitters:
If your work is protected by “© Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada,” please add that copyright statement at the end of your abstract.
I understand that failure to accept the applicable copyright transfer or public domain notice will result in the immediate cancellation of my abstract submission.