Plant Disease Development is stored on the server in a compressed format (PKZIP). In order to install it on your computer, you will have to (1) download the zip file, (2) unzip the file, and (3) run the setup utility that accompanies the program.
Before you proceed...
Be sure that:
- Your computer is running Windows™ XP or earlier.
- You have at least 10 MB of free disk space (to keep enough space for copying temporary files).
- Windows™ operating systems XP or earlier, you will need the PKUNZIP.EXE or Pkzipw.exe program. (If you need the PKUNZIP program, visit the PKWare Web site.)
- You have set your Web browser to recognize the "zip" extension.
- [DOWNLOAD] PlDisDev.zip. (Depending on the speed of communication, this could take several minutes.)
- Unzip the file. To conserve disk space, you may wish to erase the PlDisDev.zip file after it has been decompressed.
- Run the setup program that accompanies the simulator. If you are using Windows 95, click on "Start" in the lower left corner of the screen, click on "Run", and with the "Browse" option, locate "Setup.exe" in the appropriate subdirectory.