About the APS Southern Division
The Southern Division is one of six regional divisions of the American Phytopathological Society.
Eligible members are those members of the APS who live in the geographical region of the Southern Division which includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
1. Regional meeting. The Southern Division holds a Division meeting every year in conjuction with the Southern Association of Agricultural Scientists. An informal meeting atomsphere provides excellent opportunities for networking with colleagues across several disciplines in the region. Graduate students, post-docs, and regular members are encouraged to participate and make oral presentations.
2. Student Travel Awards. The Southern Division offers monetary help to students and post-docs who are members of the Division and want to attend the Division meeting. Up to five awards are given every year.
3. Graduate Student Paper Competition. The Southern Division sponsors this competition for students who are members of the Division and APS and are presenting oral papers at the Division meeting. Presentations are judged on both content and presentation of the topic. Awards are $300 for first place, $200 for second place, and $100 for third place.Winners are also presented a certificate in recognition of their excellent presentations.
4. Outstanding Plant Pathologist Award. This honor is granted to a member of the Southern Division of the American Phytopathological Society in recognition of distinguished contributions to Plant Pathology.
5. Southern Division Newsletter. Read about upcoming Division meetings, call for papers, elections, and other activities of the Southern Division in the Newsletter.
If you are not currently a member of the division and would like to join, contact Cindy Scheller at APS Headquarters firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership dues for the Southern Division are $20.00 per year for regular members and only $5.00 per year for students and post doctorals.
Please join today! The APS Southern Division needs your support..