Nominations are closed for all major APS awards as listed below and must be submitted online before November 1 annually:
Award of DistinctionFellowDistinguished Service AwardExcellence in Extension AwardExcellence in Industry AwardExcellence in Regulatory Affairs and Crop SecurityExcellence in Teaching AwardInternational Service AwardRuth Allen AwardWilliam Boright Hewitt and Maybelle Ellen Ball Hewitt AwardLee M. Hutchins AwardNoel T. Keen Award for Research Excellence in Molecular Plant PathologySyngenta Award
Fellows are eligible to be nominated for awards of excellence in an area of accomplishment different from that on which the fellow nomination was based, provided that the new accomplishment has occurred after recognition as a fellow. A period of 5 years should elapse between recognition as a fellow and nomination for an award of excellence. The nominator of a fellow for an award of excellence should specify how the contributions in the current nomination differ from those on which the original fellow nomination was based.
Each member of the society may nominate one candidate a year for each of the above awards. Nominations should address the activities most relevant to the award, with a clear statement of the impact the nominee has had in his/her specific area of expertise. The nomination must include the following supporting material.
1. Nomination Form is a writeable .pdf. Access nominations form to open; complete the form, save to your computer and then merge with your nomination .pdf file for uploading.
>>ACCESS NOMINATIONS FORM (to be included as first page of nominations package)
2. A cover letter with the candidate’s name and the award for which the nomination is made. The letter (not to exceed one page) may provide additional insight into the significance of the contributions that is not given in the nomination statement or form. Multiple letters of support should not be provided for a candidate’s nomination.
3. A nomination statement not to exceed 1,000 words that highlights the contributions of the candidate and includes the candidate’s name, place of birth, and institutions, with degrees and years granted, as well as current position. The statement should be focused and succinct and document the relevancy and impact of the candidate’s contributions to the advancement of science and plant pathology.
4. A 150-word abstract of the nomination statement to be published in the ceremony brochure and for introductory comments at the Awards Ceremony.
5. A curriculum vitae, not to exceed two pages.
6. A complete list of publications. The list should be separated into the following categories, with most recent publications first. Abstracts and manuscripts not yet accepted should NOT be included. a. Refereed journal articles b. Extension publications c. Books, reviews, and book chapters d. Technical publications (e.g., monographs, reports, symposium papers, proceedings, etc.) e. Popular publications f. Invited presentations
Submissions will be accepted in electronic format only. Details, instructions, and the online form for uploading your completed nominations are available until November 1, 2015.
>> SUBMIT NOMINATIONS PACKAGE
The Awards and Honors Committee will submit their findings to APS Council early February 2016. Those receiving awards will be notified by the APS President by March 15, 2016. The committee will notify nominators once all awardees have been contacted.
Nominations are due by November 1, 2015.
Awards and Honors Committee
(Do not e-mail nominations directly to committee members. Nominations must be received via the online submission form for compilation and transmission to the committee.)