Traveling to Tampa
Airports Serving the Tampa Area
- Tampa International Airport
- St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport
Tampa Convention Center
333 S Franklin St
Tampa, FL 33602
The Tampa Convention Center is located on the waterfront in downtown Tampa, less than 10 miles from the Tampa International Airport, approximately a 20 minute drive. There are a number of ground transportation options available.
- Taxis: Taxi service by Yellow Cab and United Cab is available at the curbside outside the Baggage Claim Level. Both companies charge the same fares: $2.50, plus $2.40 per mile. The minimum fee from the airport is $15. There is a flat rate fee of $25 to downtown Tampa.
- Rental Cars: Access to on-airport rental car providers is available directly across the walkway in the Red and Blue baggage claim areas.
- Shared Rides: Airport limos and shared passenger van service is available through advance reservation or walk-up booking with SuperShuttle. Fares to Tampa are between $12 and $32.
A dynamic and diverse region, Tampa Bay enjoys an excellent quality of life. From the waterfront location to the Southern hospitality of its residents, the area takes prides in its vibrancy and welcoming spirit. From balloon rides, strawberry farms and lush nature to walkable neighborhoods, the region’s character is hard to match. It easily blends its rich, cultural heritage with big-city style.
The Tampa Riverwalk
2.2 miles of pedestrian thoroughfare connecting cultural attractions, hotels, special event venues, and the convention center.
Channelside Bay Plaza
Variety of shopping options, unique restaurants, and nightlife.
The Florida Aquarium
Come face to face with a penguin, dive with sharks, swim with fish, or take a Wild Dolphin Ecotour.
Ybor City - Tampa’s Historic Latin Quarter
National Historic Landmark District packed with old-world charm. Relax with a hand-rolled cigar, sample a variety of cuisine, and listen to the music of the night.
eBoats Tampa – an environmentally friendly and fun-filled way to tool around the bay – offers amazing views of the city and the bridges stretching across the water. Rent eBoats by the hour with up to nine of your friends and family, or charter a boat with a captain – no boating license required. Boats are wheelchair accessible and launch from the Tampa Convention Center docks.
Tampa has something for everyone, see additional activities and attractions at VisitTampaBay.com.
The average high temperature in August is 90°F and the low is 75°F.
If you are from a country other than the United States, you will need a valid passport or visa to attend the meeting. Plan accordingly, visas can take up to three months to obtain. The U.S. government is working to expedite visa processing; however, we encourage you to plan ahead to avoid any delays. Note: U.S. legislation requires foreign nationals to provide to air carriers a valid U.S. address during their stay prior to departure of their U.S.-bound flight. Most airlines require a passport number, as well as a valid U.S. address for the passenger’s stay, at the time of booking.