Enhance your scientific content, find solutions to existing problems, discover innovated ideas in your area of research or outreach! Idea Cafés are your opportunity for in-depth round table discussion on an area of interest. Meet great minds in plant pathology in an informal setting. One table per topic, located at specified tables at the front entrance area of the Exhibit Hall.
Monday, August 3
10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Balancing a Successful Career and Family; Moderator: Julia Crane, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
- Effectors, Virulence and Resistance; Moderator: Lilian Cano, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA
- Efficacy and Biological Control Agents; Moderator: Mojan Rabieyghahfarokhy, University of Reading, UK
- Graduate School: 101 Ways to Succeed; Moderator: Carolee T Bull, USDA-ARS, Salina, CA, USA
- Liberibacter: Recent Advances and Implications; Moderator: Hossein Ali Khandan, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
- Modeling Plant Disease Epidemics: Hourly vs. Daily Time Steps; Moderator: Ariena van Bruggen, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
- Phytobiome: Forest Health and Management; Moderator: Jane Stewart, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
- Reemergence of Xylella fastidiosa and Global Implications; Moderator: Christopher Wallis, USDA-ARS, Parlier, CA, USA
Tuesday, August 4
2:15 – 3:15 p.m.
- Emerging and Reemerging Global Plant Diseases; Moderator: Scott Adkins, USDA-ARS, Fort Pierce, FL, USA
- Empirical and Mechanistic Models in Botanical Epidemiology; Moderator: Ariena van Bruggen, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
- Fungicide Resistance and Monitoring: Recent Developments; Moderator: James Kitchen, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, UK
- Identification, Quantification and Management of Parasitic Nematodes; Moderator: Murli Manohar, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
- Interactions affecting Cultural Disease Management; Moderator: TBD
- Methods in Pathogen Detection: Advances and Future Needs; Moderator: Lina Quesada-Ocampo, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA
- Population Genetics and Fungal and Oomycete Pathogens; Moderator: Zhian Kamvar, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA