DuPont Crop Protection is seeking a permanent, full-time Principal Investigator in the Fungicide Portfolio Support and Renewal Group at the Stine Haskell Research Center in Newark, Delaware. The successful applicant will be part of a global R&D team conducting research to support the development, introduction, and long term sales of a portfolio of plant disease control products.
· Conduct research to define the biological attributes of new and existing fungicide products.
· Develop innovative testing techniques for existing pathogens, and introduce new pathogens as required by business needs.
· Interact with a cross functional group of technical and business professionals to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the market opportunity for new and existing plant disease control products.
· Summarize, document, and communicate fungicide product knowledge in innovative ways. Develop training materials and conduct training as required for employees and customers.
· Maintain technical competence in Plant Pathology. Serve as a resource, and coach in areas of expertise to help build overall competency in the organization.
· Provide expertise in at least one additional competency such as microscopy, statistics, resistance management, photography, graphics, etc. that strengthens the overall abilities of the organization.
· Ph.D. in Plant Pathology, Plant Protection or a closely related field, or a M.S. degree with sufficient experience to demonstrate equivalent competency in plant disease control.
· In depth knowledge of plant disease etiology, epidemiology, and fungal taxonomy.
· Knowledge of the major classes of fungicides and the major products in each class.
· Knowledge of plant taxonomy and physiology.
· Basic competence in organic chemistry and molecular biology.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Basic competence of statistics and graphics software for presentation of results.
· Ability to manage multiple projects, meet timelines, and deliver results
· Strong leadership and team building skills.
· The ability to work effectively across functional, organizational, and cultural boundaries.
Get ALL the Latest Updates for CHANGING LANDSCAPES OF PLANT PATHOLOGY. Follow APS!