About the APS Southern Division
APS – Southern Division Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/APS-Southern-Division-432987363534265/
APS Southern Division – Graduate Students Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/gradstudentssd/?fref=ts
The Southern Division is one of six regional divisions of the American Phytopathological Society.
Eligible members are those members of the APS who live in the geographical region of the Southern Division which includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
1. Regional meeting. An informal meeting atmosphere provides excellent opportunities for networking with colleagues across several disciplines in the region. Graduate students, post-docs, and regular members are encouraged to participate and give oral or poster presentations.
2. Student/Post-Doc Travel Grants. The Southern Division offers monetary support to current and recent students who are good standing members of the Division and who will be presenting their research at the Division meeting. Up to five awards are given every year.
3. Graduate Student Research Award Competition. The Southern Division sponsors this competition for students who are good-standing members of the Division and APS and are presenting oral papers at the Division meeting. Awards for first, second, and third place are presented. Honorable mentions may also be awarded. Award winners receive a monetary award as well as a certificate in recognition of their excellent presentations.
4. Outstanding Plant Pathologist Award. This honor is granted to a member of the Southern Division of the American Phytopathological Society in recognition of distinguished contributions to Plant Pathology.
5. Donald M. Ferrin Memorial Service Award. This honor is granted to a member of the Southern Division of the American Phytopathological Society in recognition of distinguished service to The American Phytopathological Society.”
If you are not currently a member of the division and would like to join, contact Denise Kessler at APS Headquarters firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership dues for the Southern Division are $20.00 per year for regular members and only $5.00 per year for students and post doctorals.
Please join today! The APS Southern Division needs your support.
Get ALL the Latest Updates for ICPP2018: PLANT HEALTH IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY. Follow APS!